Bobblehead of Champions

National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum licensed SDSU bobblehead
meagan.sklar

The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum has unveiled a bobblehead to commemorate last season’s first ever national football championship.

The bobblehead, which stands about eight inches tall, features the Jackrabbit’s mascot, Jack, holding a news paper branded ‘South Dakota State News’. Under the sports section, the headline reads ‘CHAMPIONS!’ with the SDSU athletic logo underneath. 

Jack, wearing an SDSU branded blue football jersey along with white pants and a blue hat, is standing on top of a stack of newspapers holding up a ‘number one’ sign with his right hand.

This is the latest installment of officially licensed Jackrabbit merchandise that has been released since SDSU brought home the title in early January winning 45-21 over their arch-rival, North Dakota State.

“Bobbleheads are the perfect way to celebrate a National Championship,” the co-founder and CEO of the museum Phil Sklar said, “and we think Jackrabbits fans are going to love this one.”

The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and opened in 2019. The hall of fame and museum produces many customizable bobbleheads for sale.

The Jackrabbit bobblehead is currently available for purchase only on the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum website. Each bobblehead is $40 each with a flat-rate shipping charge of $8 per order.

The SDSU football team is set to begin their title defense Thursday, Aug. 31, as they host Western Oregon at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium at 7 p.m.

The South Dakota State athletic department released some updated guidelines prior to Thursday’s game. 

In order to accommodate Thursday’s class schedule, parking lots on campus, which include the main tailgating area of the stadium, will open to fans at 4 p.m. In addition, a portion of North Campus Drive, from Jackrabbit Avenue west to the stadium parking lots, will close at 4 p.m.

The stadium gates will open at 5:30 p.m. with alcohol sales beginning at 6 p.m. Pregame ceremonies will begin at 6:55 p.m. and will feature a coin toss conducted by former head coach John Stiegelmeier.

The Jackrabbits will host Montana State next Saturday, Sept. 9, before heading to the Twin Cities to take on Drake at Target Field Sept. 16.