Smokin’ Jacks and Matt Gauger Band set to play

Courtesy of University Program Council

The May Day Music Festival, put on by the University Program Council, is an upcoming South Dakota State University campus music festival. The festival will feature live music from the Smokin’ Jacks and the Matt Gauger Band, free SDSU ice cream, Cheezy Noodlez, and La Petit Crepe food trucks, supplies for bouquet making, which will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis, plant potting, yard games, free prize, and SDSU merchandise.
This will be the ninth year of the festival being put on. It was started in 2015 by KSDJ and eventually taken over by UPC. This festival partners with KSDJ, Hand Tied Floral & Gift, and the Residence Hall Association.
The Mayday Music Festival will occur this Friday, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., in the Volstorff Ballroom in the University Student Union. “The Mayday Music Festival is a wonderful way to celebrate the end of the school year and allows us to take some time off from studying to relax and enjoy a number of free activities,” Annie Feden, the Mayday Music Festival coordinator, said. “This event is for the students, but it is also for the community.”
Students can show their support for the event by posting the festival on their social media accounts and sharing information about it with friends. The Mayday Music Festival Instagram handle is @sdsupc. Their Facebook handle is @South Dakota State University Program Council.