Lasey, Osmundson receive Summit League weekly awards

South+Dakota+State+softballs+Shannon+Lasey+and+Emma+Osmundson+were+recognized+as+the+TicketSmarter+Peak+Pitcher+of+the+Week+and+Peak+Performer+of+the+Week+by+the+Summit+League+Monday.+
Photos by Dave Eggen/Inertia
South Dakota State softball’s Shannon Lasey and Emma Osmundson were recognized as the TicketSmarter Peak Pitcher of the Week and Peak Performer of the Week by the Summit League Monday.

Jackrabbit softball players Shannon Lasey and Emma Osmundson were named winners of The Summit League’s weekly awards announced Monday.
Lasey, a senior pitcher for SDSU, compiled two complete-game shutouts last week. She went all seven innings in the Jacks 7-0 victory over Minnesota Wednesday. She then held St. Thomas scoreless for five innings in an 8-0 run-rule win Saturday.
Earning her first TicketSmarter Summit League Peak Pitcher of the Week nod, Lasey gave up just four hits in each start striking out a combined seven hitters over the two games. She currently sits with a 10-8 overall record on the season with a 4.29 ERA staying unbeaten in four conference starts.
On offense, Osmundson contributed to a majority of SDSU’s seven runs in the mid-week win over the Gophers Wednesday. The right fielder went 2-for-4 with a three-run triple and RBI double in Minneapolis. She continued by going 3-for-5 combined in the doubleheader sweep of St Thomas Saturday.
Osmundson scored three runs across the two games against the Tommies hitting a three-run home run collecting five RBIs. The senior went 5-for-9 with four doubles, a triple, a home run and nine RBIs leading The Summit League in doubles (17) and runs batted in (44).
The Jackrabbits close out the regular season this weekend in Omaha facing off against the Mavericks starting with a doubleheader starting at 3 p.m. Friday followed by a single game Saturday at 1 p.m.
All three games will be available to watch on the Summit League Network or listen to the radio broadcast on The Ranch AM 910