High-speed SA meeting breaks unofficial record

Thirty-three minutes.

That’s how long the Students’ Association meeting on Monday, Nov. 26 lasted.

“That’s gotta be a record, folks,” Sen. Nick Lorang said at the end of the meeting. “Uff da.”

A short agenda looked to be highlighted by resolution 18-05 regarding a fixed-transportation trial run, but during the adoption of the agenda, it was slashed. Sen. Josh Longtin, one of the resolution sponsors, moved to remove the resolution and SA unanimously approved.

The resolution would support a trial of a bus transportation system that would run to and from campus. The program would be different from BATA, which requires you to reserve a ride one day in advance. The trial run would consist of two buses running in opposite directions, with a wait time of approximately 15 minutes between buses. 

It would come with a $72,000 price tag and SA would be tasked with finding half of the funds, as academics would cover the other half.

According to Sen. Lorang, the two-month pilot program will launch after the General Activity Fee is also launched. The launch will test demands and feasibility of the transportation system.

In other business items, the Political Science Club gave an organization report. The club doesn’t receive any funds from SA. During the report, club member and Sen. Jesse Carlson mentioned that the club is looking to rearrange the structure of the club.

It was also stated that the Political Science Club is in full support of polling center on campus.

“It would be a great, easy way for everyone to vote honestly, and we have the parking for it,” Carlson said.

The club is also looking to host a debate between the College Democrats and the College Republicans.

Sen. Amanda Husted also reported to SA about Jack’s Cupboard, a food pantry on campus that opened last week. 45 students attended the grand opening.

SDSU Transportation Services and Jack’s Cupboard also announced a collaboration. Customers who have a parking citation that was issued from Nov. 1 to 30 can donated items for $30 toward citation fees or donate cash for half off a $50 citation.

Donations will be accepted in the Transportation Services Office until Dec. 14

Up next, SA will meet at 7 p.m., Dec. 3 in the Lewis and Clark Room in the upstairs of the Student Union.