Wellness Center meets with Students’ Association

Students’ Association gathered for its second meeting of the fall semester on Monday, Aug. 27. 

The agenda was slim, but some meeting minutes were filled with an open forum led by Wellness Center Directors Shari Landmark and Tamara Lunday.

They announced that the Pandemic Planning and Coordination Committee (PPCC) will be giving free flu shots Oct. 30 in the Volstorff Ballroom. Times for that have yet to be decided. The funds for the event will come through a grant.

Landmark also addressed the reaction to the newly implemented dress codes in effect this semester.

“We don’t want to be the clothes police,” Landmark told SA. “It might look that to some people, but we don’t mean to do that.”

If students are turned away for their clothing, there will be white T-shirts they can wear during a workout at the Wellness Center.

Lunday also announced that the Pharmacy is completed and ready to be toured. The reception area and business offices are also completed, but they do not have the decor ready.

The Wellness Center also announced that when the new renovation opens up, sweat towels will see a comeback. Gym members who rent a locker will have free access, but those who don’t rent a locker can rent towels for $1.

In other business during the meeting, it was announced the General Activity Fund Strategic Plan Steering Committee will have a meeting on Friday afternoon. The committee is composed of faculty, students and senators.

The next SA meeting will be held at 7 p.m. on Sept. 10 at the Lewis and Clark Room in the Student Union.