SDSU Study Abroad Fair offers programs for students & faculty

admin

BROOKINGS, S.D. — The South Dakota State University Office of International Affairs and Outreach is hosting the Fall 2012 Study Abroad Fair on Wednesday, Sept. 26, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Lewis and Clark Room (USU 262) on the second floor of The Union.

The fair is SDSU’s showcase for all study abroad programming. This includes program providers that SDSU works with to give students an individual experience, faculty-led programs that SDSU professors have the opportunity to promote to students, and student exchanges to other universities abroad. Information on frequently asked questions about study abroad and different advising options will also be available. The fair is free and open to the public.

In addition, there will be a group of judges giving awards to the Best Table Display at the Study Abroad Fair. There will be many colorful and impressive displays from many different types of programs from short-term, long-term, and many different countries and cities.

This is the first annual Study Abroad Fair under the new leadership of Assistant Vice President Kathleen Fairfax. “I am excited to promote the excellent programs SDSU offers not only to students from all types of academic backgrounds, but to faculty who have the opportunity to lead and promote educational programs abroad.”

For more information on the Office of International Affairs, the Study Abroad Fair or International Education, contact Sally Gillman, Study Abroad Coordinator, at [email protected].