UPC: Relieving the Stress

HELEN CONZEMIUS Columnist

This year, the University Program Council is ready to spice up the campus life. We are made up of 11 fresh coordinators who are eager to bring a variety of entertainment to campus for SDSU students. Since we are students ourselves, we understand the demands of classes and know that sometimes we need a break. That is what UPC is here for: we are here to give a helping hand to those who are stressed and need a little fun in their day!  

Some of the stress relievers we have had this semester are Mission Improvable, a slam poet from Brooklyn and our annual cake decorating contest. We also had a group of about 40 students help us with Adopt-A-Highway, a project cleaning highways around the Brookings area that students could earn community service hours for. This week’s stress reliever is on Thursday, Sept. 24: The band, The Hunts, will be at the PAC at 7 p.m. It is free with your student ID and Horseplay will open for them.

Wondering what to do to get involved? Our Up-Close Committee has been reinstated this semester and all you have to do is be at the meetings on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. in the Jackrabbit room by the VBR. This is your time to give us feedback about past events and tips on what to improve. We want your input and Up-Close is the best way to be heard. As members, you have the freedom to choose which events and how many events you want to help UPC with.  

No time for the Up-Close committee? No problem, just follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. Our username is: sdsupc. We also have a facebook page: www.facebook.com/sdsupc

Next semester we are hoping to have a BIG EVENT. Spring semester can give students the most stress and we want to help with that by bringing some great stress relievers your way. The coordinators are working hard to get entertainment approved and ready for next semester.

Helen Conzemius is an advertising major and can be reached at [email protected]