Students’ Association approves Best Buddies program, Knitting Club

Alli Cummings, SA Reporter

Student Association kicked off the spring semester by approving two new organizations and setting goals for the upcoming semester.

The Knitting Club currently consists of eight students who believe knitting is a way to escape the stress of classes and improve mental health. The representatives stated a goal of donating their products to charity as well.

The Best Buddies SDSU international organization was approved as well. SDSU students will be paired with someone with disabilities in order to create relationships and include those with mental and physical disabilities in the SDSU community.

The Best Buddies program is already prominent within a university in every other state in America. SDSU will have the first and only Best Buddies program in South Dakota.

The first reading of resolution 18-07-R took place and stated: “SDSU Students’ Association Support for the “2+2” Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Degree Program.Students in the doctorate program would complete their first two years on the SDSU campus in Brookings, and their last two years at the University of Minnesota campus in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Before the meeting adjourned, SA Finance Chair Matthew Bruxvoort gave his two weeks notice of resignation due to personal reasons.

Students’ Association will meet next at 7 p.m. on Monday, January 14 in the Lewis and Clark Room upstairs in the Student Union.