Students’ Association President Nicholas Grote resigns

Jacob Boyko, News Editor

Embattled Students’ Association President Nicholas Grote resigned Thursday morning via a letter sent to members of the SA Senate. 

Peterson, Grote’s vice president, is acting president of SA and will be sworn in at an emergency Senate meeting Monday at 7 p.m.

The Senate’s board of directors was set to announce the findings of an investigation into an anonymous ethics complaint made against Grote at an emergency Senate meeting May 1. 

Grote’s resignation comes after news of an arrest April 16 on charges of possession of a fictitious license and underage purchase or possession of alcoholic beverages, and a newly revealed March 26 charge of possession of alcohol by a minor. 

The University Police Department also revealed Grote is a target in an investigation of a vandalism incident in North Meadows Apartments and could face charges. 

Attached is Grote’s letter of resignation:

Dear SDSU Students’ Association,

I am writing to inform you that I will be resigning from my position as President, effective immediately. It has been an honor and privilege to serve the student body and work alongside such dedicated and talented individuals.

I am proud of the accomplishments we have achieved during my time as President, and I am confident that the association will continue to thrive with the exceptional team in place.

I would like to express my gratitude to all those who supported me throughout my tenure, and I wish the SDSU Students’ Association continued success in all its future endeavors. 

Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your President. 

Sincerely, 

Nicholas Grote

Students’ Association President

The Collegian is following this story and will provide updates.