Try these trendy costume ideas for Halloween fun

Mara Wheaton, Assistant News Editor

Halloween gives students an opportunity to dress up as their favorite characters, and this year has some great options. Here’s some ideas:

Squid Games

This Netflix original series dominated the platform and ranked No. 1 in the U.S. for just shy of a month. The Korean drama follows debt-ridden individuals and how they compete in children’s games—for their lives. Feel free to go play some red-light green-light in your numbered jumpsuits this Halloween. Now go get that (candy) bag.

WandaVision

“WandaVision,” being Marvel’s first ever TV show, as well as kicking off Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, exploded in ratings back in January. Wanda and Vision from any decade of the show are great options, but don’t hesitate to recreate the original Wanda Maximoff red ensemble. Oh, and don’t forget, it was Agatha all along.

Loki

Another hit Marvel television series focused on Loki, the God of Mischief, and his time in the TVA (Time Variance Authority). “Loki” was the third series in the Disney+ lineup this past summer. Head out as your personal favorite Loki variant and dress your dog up as alligator-Loki!

Yelena Belova from Black Widow

Marvel fans have waited decades to finally get a movie based on our favorite Russian spy, Natasha Romanoff, but after the premiere of “Black Widow” in May, a different Romanoff became the fan favorite. Florence Pugh, who portrayed Yelena, Natasha Romanoff’s sister, in the film quickly stole the spotlight, and you will steal it too with this costume.  

Scooby-Doo Gang

A classic group outfit that will never go out of style. Whether you are having the whole gang together, or picking and choosing which characters fit best, just grab the Scooby snacks and you’re good to go.

Bald People 

A recent trend on TikTok has people picking up their bald caps and dressing as notable bald celebrities and characters. Pit Bull (Mr. Worldwide), Mr. Clean, my uncle, Gru, Walter White, Vin Diesel and the Rock are just a few of America’s favorite bald people, and you can be one of them too this Halloween! Pick up a bald cap, slick your hair back and transform into your “follically-challenged” friends and favorites. And remember: if anyone’s going through tough times, believe me, Pitbull’s been there, done that.

Estella from Cruella 

Back in May, Disney released their live action adaptation of “The Hundred and One Dalmatians,” “Cruella.” The movie follows Estella, a young girl who is determined to make it in the world of fashion. Estella takes a modern spin on the original Cruella outfit, which will make this costume distinct but trendy. We don’t recommend setting your own dress on fire, though.