South Dakota State ranked No. 10 in best colleges for education majors

Press Release, South Dakota State University Marketing and Communications

Study.com has ranked South Dakota State University No. 10 in its 50 Best Colleges for Education Majors.

According to Study.com, “South Dakota State offers 16 degrees in education, including a B.S. in early childhood education, a B.S. in physical education teacher education and a B.S. in early education and care. These programs include real-world enrichment opportunities like practicums or internships in the classroom.”

“Upon graduation, we want our education majors to be both a content expert in their chosen field and well skilled in the delivery of knowledge and information,” said Jay Trenhaile, who leads the SDSU Department of Teaching, Learning and Leadership. “Our faculty have and will continue to help us reach our goals so that our future teachers can leave a lasting positive impression on the children they educate.”

Since 2002, South Dakota State University has graduated more teacher education students, an average of 114 each year, than any other South Dakota Board of Regents’ institution.

“We’re very proud of our education programs and the excellent classroom and clinical experiences our students receive,” said Jill Thorngren, dean of the College of Education and Human Sciences. “Education is a collaboration, and our strong relationships with departments across campus and local and state school districts are reflected in the strength of our program.”

Since 2004, Study.com has provided users with free college and career resources. Its rankings only include accredited, nonprofit public and private schools. To rank schools, Study.com uses a unique system combining current data points from the U.S. Department of Education with program and school-specific details. While data differs between lists, all Study.com rankings look at tuition cost, financial aid, admittance rates, educational support and resources, retention and graduation rates, student-faculty ratio, career resources and job placement.