Study.com recognizes nursing program

Press Release, South Dakota State University Marketing and Communications

BROOKINGS, S.D. – June 3, 2019 – Study.com has named South Dakota State University’s College of Nursing No. 12 for its doctor of nursing practice program and No. 14 for its nurse practitioner programs.

According to Study.com, “The South Dakota State University College of Nursing boasts impressive success rates for its nursing students, including 100 percent job placement and advanced practice registered nurse pass rates for 2017. The university can help DNP students aiming to advance their current APRN careers feel confident in their ability to build on their existing knowledge and skills. By the end of their time in the program, they could be ready to work among underserved and rural populations.”

Students can pursue a Master of Science degree in four specializations, four postgraduate certificate options as well as doctor of nursing practice and doctor of philosophy in nursing degrees.

“Since starting the graduate programs in 1979, the College of Nursing has and will continue to deliver quality nursing education to students pursuing a graduate degree,” said Roberta Olson, the college’s interim dean.

Since 2004, Study.com has provided users with free college and career resources. Its rankings only include accredited, nonprofit public and private schools. To rank schools, Study.com uses a unique system combining current data points from the U.S. Department of Education with program and school-specific details. While data differs between lists, all Study.com rankings look at tuition cost, financial aid, admittance rates, educational support and resources, retention and graduation rates, student-faculty ratio, career resources and job placement.