Speech, debate team finishes on top

The South Dakota State University speech and debate team competed December 8 at VFL #3 at Minnesota State University Moorhead. Those participants that placed, are as follows:

Anne Chilson, Florence, placed fifth in dramatic duo. She is currently a junior communication studies and theatre major.

Nicole Christopherson, of Miller, placed fifth in communication analysis, sixth in dramatic duo, sixth in interpretation of poetry and 10th in interpretation of drama. She is currently a junior English major.

Patrick Grode, Rapid City, tied for 7th in dramatic duo and placed 13th in impromptu speaking. He is currently an English major.

Niki Herzog, Dawson, Minn., placed fifth in program oral interpretation, tied for seventh in dramatic duo and 11th in persuasive speaking. She is currently a sophomore communications studies and theatre major.

Rachel Jellema, Trimont, Minn., placed 13th in interpretation of drama. She is currently a sophomore communications studies and theatre and German major.

Laura Keimig, Aurora, placed sixth in dramatic duo, ninth in interpretation of drama, 10th in persuasive speaking. She is currently a sophomore communications studies and theatre major.

Nick Kennedy, Watertown, tied for seventh in dramatic duo and placed 11th in interpretation of prose. He is currently a sophomore communication studies and theatre and public recreation major.

Ali Khokhar, Brookings, tied for seventh in dramatic duo. He is currently a computer science major.

Mary Kurtz, Elkton, placed sixth in interpretation of drama and 12th in interpretation of prose. She is currently a freshmen communication studies and theatre major.

Jessica Nordquist, Lake City, placed fourth in communication analysis, fifth in dramatic duo and fifth in interpretation of poetry. She also placed second in program oral interpretation, qualifying her for the AFA National Individual Events Tournament. She is currently a sophomore history and Spanish major.

Erica Rorvik, Flandreau, placed third in program oral interpretation and fifth in prose. She is currently a sophomore journalism major.

Stephanie Watkins, Miller, placed sixth in informative speaking. She is currently a junior interior design major.