SA gives nearly $3 million to campus groups for 2004

Toby Uecker

Toby Uecker

After a season of budget hearings, discussions and compromises, the Students’ Association has prepared its plan for allocating the SDSU general activity fee for the 2004 fiscal year.

Including approximately $13,000 of special allocations, the budget allocations for next year total $2,874,954, according to a report from outgoing SA FInance Chair Ryan Feist.

Among the biggest anticipated recipients are the Department of Student Union and Activities (DSUA), Health Service and the University Program Council (UPC).

Between its administration and its bond line items, DSUA will receive nearly $850,000. In the coming fiscal year, DSUA will be working further with the SA on the recently approved student union expansion project.

Student Health has been allocated nearly $530,000 and UPC will get just over $110,000.

Other major allocations will go to the Music Council ($89,875), the Students’ Association itself ($51,544), State University Theatre ($50,000) and Prairie Repertory Theatre ($30,000).

The remaining allocations included allocations of $15,500 or less to nine other campus organizations.

Special allocations, money above and beyond the typical allocations for the fiscal year, were awarded to the American Society of Civil Engineers, KSDJ, the Native American Club and Pi Tau Sigma.

#1.887145:1633852359.jpg:sa.jpg::