Dealing with Senioritis

Sean Kennedy

Sean Kennedy

Beth Lienemann, 22, has been waiting to graduate all semester.

“I go to every class thinking ‘I’m ready to be done,'” the biology major from Morris, Minn. said.

With the end of the semester nearly in sight, seniors across campus are anticipating the last moment of class with a sense of exhilaration.

Most people know the symptoms of senioritis. They experienced the same thing in high school:

1. Extreme procrastination2. Desire not to go to class any more3. Not caring about their home work anymore

Lienemann has not reached the point of skipping any of her classes.

“I’m up at seven in the morning anyway,” she said.

It is all a result of working hard for four years and finally burning out at the end.

Sure there were summers, but many college students have to work during the summer, not to mention during the school year.Lienemann plans on attending graduate school in the fall, so her class time is not over with yet.

She is planning on being in grad school for two years, a maximum of three.

“I want to get it done as fast as possible,” she said.

She, like many other students, plan to continue their education even after they have attained their first degree.

For other students, though, this will be the end of the line and they want to get the experience over with as quickly as possible.

There is no real way to combat senioritis, as those who have made it through high school know.

For Lienemann and the other seniors waiting to graduate, it’s going to be a long 25 days.

#1.887029:2451776620.jpg:Lifestyle Senior1.jpg:Senioritis is striking students across campus as the final weeks of school dwindle away and graduation becomes closer to a reality. Senior psychology major Melanie Alban, 21, demonstrates how some students would rather sleep than do homework.: