End of the Year Grab Bag Rant

[email protected]

[email protected]

This letter serves two purposes: First, in response to Mr. Harders letter to the editor from last week. 1)Throughout his letter, he says MURDER, over and over again, yet he assumes that everyone thinks life begins at conception. 2)If life begins at conception, why is a child not 9 months old when they are born. Some people believe that life begins with birth. 3)I was taught that life begins 22 days after conception when the heart begins to beat. So, how is it murder if something isn’t even alive yet? (I am sick of people who hide behind religion, it is just a copout. Last time I checked, abortion was legal in South Dakota. Hence, NO MURDER).My other topic is dealing with SDSU. I have heard almost every student and numerous professors complain about the heat in Rotunda. The sad thing, that is not even the worse place on campus. I have class in the basement of Wacota and Wenona Halls where the temperature reaches above 90 degrees in the classroom. (HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?) With the cost of tuition that we pay, they can’t afford air conditioning? We spend $450,000 out of the Buildings fund to rebuild the Presidents house, yet we can’t allow the students to learn in a comfortable setting? That kind of heat is not conducive to learning.

Heath IsaacsonSociology, Mass Communications MajorBrookings, SD

526 5th Ave SApt. H-1Brookings, SD 57006(605) 651-0005