Pre- Professional Science club constitution passes

Shayla Waugh

Shayla Waugh

The Students’ Association passed the constituion to create a Pre-Professional Science Club at SDSU at its first meeting of the spring semester Monday night.

Representatives of the club told the SA senate, saying the purpose of the club is to inform students of pre-professional options at SDSU. They said they would also like to schedule events to go along with the pre-professional options.

In other SA news:

Ryan Brunner, SA president, said the wellness center bill passed the House Appropriations Committee at the Legislature. The bill is now on the agenda to go before the House floor on Tuesday.

Brunner said a safe ride program to provide designated drviers to students Thursday nights through Saturday nights is being finalized. He said SA is hoping to recieve an $8,000 matching grant to bring program funding to about $16 thousand. If finalized, Brunner said a pilot safe-ride program would start this spring and would go full-time next fall.

Elections to fill next year’s SA president and vice president positions are set for March 1 and 2. Nominations for president and vice president and senator applications were opened at Monday’s meeting.

A first reading of an ordinance to add an executive state and local position to the SA was passed.