Live wrestling scheduled for action in Swiftel Center

Hanna Parent

Hanna Parent

Total Nonstop Action is pinned down at the Swiftel Center on March 26.

Jenny Hammrich, director of sales and marketing at the Swiftel Center, said this is the first time TNA will be in Brookings. Those familiar with TNA Live on iMPACT through Spike TV can look forward to seeing the stars of TNA, including “King of the Mountain” Jeff Jarrett, Team 3D and “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles.

TNA Wrestling is similar to World Wrestling Entertainment or WWE. The TNA crowd can look forward to flips off the cage, the wrestlers slamming into their opponents and signature finale moves. These onlookers also get the added enjoyment of props; wrestlers like Styles are known to use props, such as tables and bats during some of their matches.

There will also be tag-team matches, or teams of two in which one wrestler will fight an opponent from the other team and can then tag their partner and hand over the remaining match.

“It sounds fun, but I would rather watch it on TV,” said Austin Watkins, a sophomore aviation major. “It isn’t something that interests me enough to spend all that money on.”

Tickets are being sold at the Swiftel box office or on ticketmaster.com. Tickets run from $51.50, $36.50 and $21.50, depending on the location of the seats; the $51.50 seats have already sold out.

“If I had the money, I would go,” said Kiley Rosendahl, freshman mathematics major. “With the rising cost of gas and common necessary items, I just don’t have the money to spend on those fights. Brookings isn’t the biggest town ? [I’m] glad we are starting to get big-town events here.”

Tthere are student and military discounts for those who bring student IDs and active or dependent IDs, respectively. Only the tickets sold at the Swiftel Box Office are subject to the military and student discounts. The Swiftel Box Office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.