Dryer causes Union to be evacuated

Ruth Brown

Ruth Brown

On Nov. 30 some SDSU students were forced to evacuate The Union due to a fire alarm.

“The fire alarm went off due to the dryer in The Union’s kitchen overheating,” said Keith Skogstad, assistant director of the Student Union.

Students left the building for approximately 15 minutes while the alarm was shut off. In addition to the dryer overheating, Skogstad said there is the possibility of more alarms during The Union’s renovations.

“We could have the potential to have more alarms go off due to conditions during the construction, but we are doing everything we can to prevent that,” said Skogstad.