Avera Center Grand Opening

SDSU now offers an advanced facility to students and faculty which not only benefits education but pushes the advancement of research.

#1.1599773:1808265901.jpg:President and CEO of Avera Health John T. Porter, talked about the joint efforts of Avera and SDSU.:President and CEO of Avera Health John T. Porter, talked about the joint efforts of Avera and SDSU to further not only education, but also bring a new future of research to the college.:Collegian Photos by Robby Gallagher#1.1599776:1633847315.jpg:President Chicoine thanked donors for their contributions to new Avera Health and Science Center.:President Chicoine thanked donors for their contributions to new Avera Health and Science Center, pictured above. The building will provide facilities, such as labs to classrooms, for all health and science majors.:Collegian Photos by Robby Gallagher#1.1599777:3655806653.jpg:President Chicoine reinforced the monumental contribution the new facility.:President Chicoine reinforced the monumental contribution the new facility will make to the SDSU campus.:Collegian Photos by Robby Gallagher#1.1599780:781067409.jpg:Pharmacy students comprised of the first three years of the professional program.:Pharmacy students comprised of the first three years of the professional program listened to various speakers promoting the new facility and its impact on their education.:Collegian Photos by Robby Gallagher#1.1599785:4258531128.jpg: Dean Krogman reiterated how vital Avera has been to the making of the Health and Science Center.: Dean Krogman reiterated how vital Avera has been to the making of the Health and Science Center.:Collegian Photos by Robby Gallagher#1.1599787:1122285913.jpg:Donors, benefactors, students, and the interested public attended the grand opening.:Donors, benefactors, students, and the interested public attended the grand opening to see who was involved with the creation, as well to see the students and faculty who will be benefiting from the facility.:Collegian Photos by Robby Gallagher#1.1599790:1835850540.jpg:Participants in the crowd applaud excitedly at the end of the unveiling.:Participants in the crowd applaud excitedly at the end of the unveiling. Afterward, the building was open to the public for mass tours of the building to see what the facility had to offer students and faculty.:Collegian Photos by Robby Gallagher