Ben Kweller live at Volstorff

Ben Lippert

Ben LippertReporter

Musician Ben Kweller has impressed many with his performances on popular late night shows, including Late Night with Conan O’Brian and the Late Show with David Letterman, as well as at venues like the Lollapalooza music festival. After tonight, Kweller can add Hobo Week to his impressive résumé.

Kweller is making a special trip to SDSU this week in light of Hobo Week and homecoming celebrations.

His music can be categorized anywhere from rock, to acoustic, to folk. He will be making the piano keys dance Oct. 21 at 8 p.m. in the Volstorff Ballroom in The Union.

Ashley Dumke, the University Program Council concert coordinator, made contact with Kweller and his agent for Hobo Week.

“Everything worked out for Ben to come to campus, so we brought it to allocations, voted and signed the contract,” Dumke said.

Dumke said getting Kweller here took time and effort, but was not a difficult decision.

“The coordinators work with agents all year to find available dates and artists that meet our price range,” Dumke said. “We’re pretty lucky to have an artist of this level come to campus.”

Getting Kweller to come to SDSU comes with a price tag, but not for students. Admission is free for students with a valid student ID. Non-students can attend as well, but must pay $10 at the door.

Kweller’s music can be heard on the campus radio station, 90.7 KSDJ. His style and genre fits with the stations theme, new rock.

#1.1717676:1102878017.png:Ben-Kweller-1-Submitted.png::