Regents recognize outstanding student organizations

lcox

Student organizations from South Dakota State University were recognized for their outstanding academic, community and organizational work by the South Dakota Board of Regents this week.

Award for Academic Excellence – The Academy of Student Pharmacists has focused its efforts on facilitating outside-the-classroom learning. Through various patient care projects, members have developed skills that improve their academic performance and prepare them to be strong practitioners in the field of pharmacy.

Award for Organizational Leadership – The Campus Women’s Coalition promotes issues impacting women and raises awareness across the campus community. The coalition sponsors an annual week dedicated to ending domestic violence, which features national speakers, a 5K run, and interactive displays at the University Student Union. The organization also is actively involved in Relay in Life, Hobo Day, and a variety of local festivals.

Community Service Award – The Ceres Women’s Fraternity has a long history of positive contributions to the campus and community. The group contributes its time and efforts to the local domestic abuse shelter, the Harvest Table, and Relay for Life. It is also an active participant in the Adopt-A-Highway program and has developed a strong partnership with a local Girl Scout troop.