Massive fundraiser culminates in celebration

More than $600 million raised
University Marketing & Communication
SDSU has raised more than $600 million as part of its Bold & Blue fundraiser campaign.

SDSU has raised more than $600 million as part of its Bold & Blue fundraiser, surpassing its half-a-billion-dollar goal by almost 21%.
The final total of $604,245,119 comprised of gifts and pledges from almost 31,000 donors was announced Thursday night.
during a celebration at the Oscar Larson Performing Arts Center.
The original goal of $500 million was reached in September meaning the previous $100 million has been raised in seven months, including $43.8 million over the previous 22 days.
“This success is possible because SDSU, academics and athletics, the SDSU Foundation, and the Alumni Association are sharing a vision to work together to make dreams come true,” SDSU President Barry Dunn said.
One-third of the total amount will be used for scholarships. This will result in twice as many scholarships being available than there were in 2017.
54% of the fund will be used for endowed support for university faculty, leaders and researchers. In 2017, SDSU had 13 commitments for endowed positions. This has now grown to 58 including endowed deans, directors and chairs.
The campaign will also focus on some of the facility improvements on campus with some of the funds going toward the construction of the American Indian Student Center and the Raven Precision Agriculture Center.