SDSU Foundation to announce final fundraising total for ‘Bold & Blue’ tomorrow

State’s largest comprehensive campaign established 00 million goal to support university
Arren Wetzel

The final total raised in the largest comprehensive fundraising campaign in South Dakota history will be announced tomorrow night at a celebration on the South Dakota State University campus.
“Bold & Blue: A Campaign for South Dakota State University” established a goal of $500 million, an amount essentially twice what the university had raised in its previous campaign.
The campaign began Jan. 1, 2017. The final goal was made public in October 2021.
The announcement will be made by university and campaign leadership at approximately 8:30 p.m. tomorrow following an outdoor concert at the Oscar Larson Performing Arts Center. The Johnny Holm Band is set to perform from 7-8:30 p.m., along with the SDSU Concert Choir and The Pride of the Dakotas Marching Band.
University President Barry H. Dunn and campaign co-chairs Dana Dykhouse and Kim Tyler will be available for interviews. Parking is designated for the media in the northwest corner of the lot directly east of the Oscar Larson Performing Arts Center.
The event will be livestreamed at http://www.boldandblue.org, and an embargoed news release with the final fundraising total will be sent by the end of the business day Thursday.