SDSU software connects students to organizations, clubs

By DIANE DYKES Reporter

South Dakota State now has a centralized system for students to access more than 200 clubs and organizations.

The website, Jacks Club Hub, was created last semester through collaboration between the Students’ Association and the Center for Student Engagement. The site is now live and available to all students.

According to Assistant Director for Student Engagement Addie Borah, a majority of student organizations have already tried to get registered through the site.

“We’re going to take the rest of the spring semester and do kind of a soft launch,” Borah said. “So, we’re going to get a link so that people can go there and check it out now.”

Throughout the soft launch, Borah said students will not yet find a link on MyState or SDSU’s website for Jacks Club Hub, but that it will come in time for its full launch in the fall.

The website will have a keyword search that can be used by students to find clubs and organizations based on interest.

“It will help find what you are interested in,” Borah said. “Which is something that’s kind of cool, and something that we never really had before.”

According to Borah, the site will include tutorials showing students how to navigate the site and each club’s page will have photos, a member’s roster, events page and more.

The site shows where, when and how to get to both club meetings and public events, as well as allow students to RSVP and check the weather for the day of the event.

Jacks Club Hub will be available on a mobile app called Croq. Though it won’t be identical to the website, it will still allow students to look up events and maps.

Though the site is relatively new for SDSU, the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology has had a similar website for some time.

According to Corey Headley, director of student activities and leadership at SDSMT, the site allows student organizations another opportunity to advertise.

Students across SDSU have been creating club pages throughout January and Cassidy Sloot, president of the dietetics and health sciences club, is one of them.

“I definitely like the design and the functionality of the website — it has a lot of potential,” Sloot said. “We are excited to use it for a more organized way of sharing events with our members in the future.”