Black History Night at the library educates and engages

PRESS RELEASE

Brookings, S.D. – On Thursday, Feb. 13 from 5–7 p.m., the Brookings Public Library will host a Black History night with activities and presentations for all ages. This event is put on in conjunction with the South Dakota State University Multicultural Center and the SDSU Black Student Alliance. 

Come sample soul food, discover books on black history, and learn more about various figures by taking part in an informative, collaborative craft. Later in the evening, SDSU students will talk about their black history heroes, SDSU actress Morea Nichols will give a living history performance and SDSU professor Molly Enz will give a talk about Senegal’s first president and his influence in the Négritude literary movement. Finally, the SDSU Black Student Alliance and Multicultural Center will discuss their role on campus and within the community of Brookings.  

For additional information about the programs and services of the Brookings Public Library, visit www.brookingslibrary.org and follow the library’s Facebook page, @bkglib. The mission of Brookings Public Library is to provide materials and information contributing to the education, recreation, and quality of life for the Brookings community.