The 2002 SA Elections

[email protected]

[email protected]

To whom it may concern,

In the four years I’ve been on this campus I had never really given much thought to the SA elections until this year. I always thought that it was nothing more than an extension of all those useless high school class elections; you know, the popularity contests that could be used on a college application. But recently I have found out that unlike those worthless high school officers, the members of the SA do very much on and for this campus. They are responsible for spending roughly $500,000 of the annual budget. They plan activities and are the voice of the student body to the faculty and to the city of Brookings. That is why I am writing this letter. I look around the buildings and again they are filled with posters for candidates for the SA. These take many shapes and sizes and have many names that I usually just ignore, but this year one of them caught my eye. It was a poster for Eric Erickson and Kelly Bosma. Two things made this poster stand out for me. First, they both look very professional on all of their posters, and secondly I know Eric. He and I both lived on the same floor in the dorms last year, and over the course of that year I got to know Eric fairly well. I guess the best thing I could say about him is that he is a good person. In everything he says or does, he always makes the choice that’s right, not the one that’s easy or popular. He is also running a very unique campaign. He and Bosma are the only two that I’ve ever seen asking the students to tell them what’s important. All that combined with the fact that he really does care about what happens on campus make him an ideal presidential candidate. If you don’t believe me, just head down to the Student Association Office in the Union sometime. He’s almost always there (that’s the only place I can find him anymore), and he’s always happy to talk shop with anyone who walks in. All in all, he cares about what happens here on campus and to the students of SDSU. But don’t take my word for it. If you have a concern about something on campus or about anything related to school here and you think something should be done go talk to Eric or email him. He’ll be glad you did.

Just a Senior with an observation.