Israel quartet begins U.S. Tour in Brookings

The Brookings Chamber Music Society will feature the Aviv String Quartet in concert Friday, March 4, in the Performing Arts Center on the SDSU campus. Their performance begins at 7:30 p.m.

According to the British newspaper The Guardian, the Aviv String Quartet is rapidly emerging as one of today’s finest chamber ensembles.

The quartet, founded in Israel, has performed worldwide, from China to Brazil, from Stockholm to Cape Town and has traveled across the U.S. from the Kennedy Center in Washington to the Herbst Theatre in San Francisco.

Their Brookings performance will include musical works by Beethoven, Shostakovich and Schubert.

“I think the audience will enjoy hearing the music and hearing it performed with great warmth and impeccable precision and musicianship,” said John Walker, associate professor of music and director of keyboard studies at SDSU. “This group should wow anyone, string quartet fan or not.”

Admission is part of Brookings Chamber Music Society membership or can be purchased before the performance at the SDSU Music Department office. Individual tickets will be available at the Performing Arts Center box office one hour before the concert. General admission is $20 and $5 for students. SDSU students are admitted free with identification.