Dunn visits SA at first meeting of the year

The Student’s Association gathered for the first official meeting of the year Aug.22 and approved two clubs’s constitutions. Dunn, as the new president, introduced himself to SA.

The Students’ Association approved constitutions for the Tennis Enthusiasts and American Sign Language clubs Monday night.

The Tennis Enthusiasts Club is a recreational club where members can play tennis in a fun atmosphere instead of a competitive one. The American Sign Language Club is where members can practice and learn how to sign. Both constitutions were unanimously approved.

The main part of the meeting was to review what happened .

over the summer and plan for the fall semester. President Dunn and the new Vice President of Student Af-fairs Michaela Willis spoke about their goals they have  or the following year.

President Dunn intro-duced himself to senators during the open forum part of the meeting.

“I work for you. Your success is my success,” Dunn said.

He plans to work with the South Dakota Legislature to hold tuition costs at the same price for in-state, out-of-state and off-campus tuition. Dunn also wants to give South Dakota State University faculty and staff a 4 percent raise as well as ad-dress the safety and security of the campus.

Dunn mentioned his inauguration celebration during his introduction to SA. The event will be at 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29 at the Coolidge Sylvan Theatre. Food and games will be provided for students.