SA brings laughs to campus with club approval

TAYLOR VOEGELE News Editor

The Stand-up Comedy Club is determined to bring laughs to campus after the Student Association approved it’s constitution Monday night.

The Stand-Up Comedy Club is an entertainment club where members interested in stand-up comedy can come perform and have fun. The constitution was unanimously approved.

In addition to approving the club’s constitution, funds were reallocated from student organizations and clubs accounts on SA’s budget.

Fianance Chair Nick Lorang announced that the Students’ Association swept more than $125,000 from clubs this summer and now have a total of $192,000 in reserves.

The money in the reserves is not for the Students’ Association, but will be reserved for special allocations to clubs and organizations.

According to Adviser Michaela Willis, TEDxBrookings will be back on Oct. 1. Willis said this event is a good place to learn about various topics. TEDxBrookings will reserve 40 chairs for students.

SA also wanted to remind students that the student picnic and frisbee toss to celebrate President Dunn’s inauguration will be from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Sept. 28 at the Jackrabbit Green between the Student Union and Briggs Library. The Frisbee toss is an attempt to break the world record of Frisbees tossed at one time.  

President Dunn’s formal inauguration into office will be at 3 p.m. Sept. 29 at the Coolidge Sylvan Green.

The next SA meeting will be at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 19 in the Lewis and Clark room upstairs in The Union.