Danielle Rang

Makenzie Huber

Ag Communications, Political Science

• I hope to increase opportunities for international students. I hope to do more research and work with Residential Life to create a new program  geared toward helping international students get their bearings at SDSU early on. There are so many students that come with hardly more than a backpack and no one to help them purchase school supplies and basic necessities. I am hoping to improve the first few weeks that international students spend with us. Their first impression of SDSU should be friendly and welcoming.
  • I hope to advocate for student mental health on campus to push for opportunities and support groups though the Student Wellness Center. Students are facing long wait times to take advantages of these services. If a student is suffering from anxiety or depression, two weeks is two weeks too long to wait for an appointment.
  • SDSU Parking Services has a ton of changes coming in the next year. I thoroughly enjoyed my time serving on the Parking Committee and representing the concerns of SDSU students. I hope to continue providing input on parking lot setups and safety concerns. There have been a number of car accidents and “close calls” in the Southeast Lot this year. Parking Services is entirely self-funded, but they are here to serve the university’s parking needs. As students, I think it is important that we remain involved in the conversation and make our concerns and ideas heard.