Defensive coordinator out, heads to Abilene Christian

MIRANDA+SAMPSON
Back to Article
Back to Article

MIRANDA SAMPSON

MIRANDA SAMPSON

MIRANDA SAMPSON

MIRANDA SAMPSON

MIRANDA SAMPSON

MIRANDA SAMPSON

MIRANDA SAMPSON

Trenton Abrego, Sports Editor

Make it two coordinators that South Dakota State will have to find.

South Dakota State lost its offensive coordinator two weeks ago, and on Tuesday it was announced that the defensive coordinator has also packed his bags.

Clint Brown, who served as the defensive coordinator for six seasons, will be heading to Abilene Christian. Brown will be taking over the defensive coordinator duties for the Wildcats.

In addition to serving as the defensive coordinator, Brown was also an assistant coach for the program for 10 years.

In his time at South Dakota State, Brown had elevated the defense to a team that was consistently in the top half of statistic leaders in the Missouri Valley Football Conference (FCS).

Not only did Brown’s defense appeared in the FCS Playoffs for seven straight years, he had also coached Danny Batten, who was drafted in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft.

Brown has coached for 23 years. In those years, Brown has coached at New Mexico State, Wayne College (Neb.) and Bethel College (Neb.)

As a player, Brown suited for the Nebraska Cornhuskers, where he lettered twice. Brown was also a part of the Nebraska 1994 national championship team.

About the Writer
Trenton Abrego, Sports Editor

Trenton Abrego is the Sports Editor at the Collegian. He sometimes covers Students' Association and reviews albums. He is the Collegian Dip-off champion...