Jackrabbits fall short at FGCU

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jackrabbits fall short at FGCU

ABBY FULLENKAMP
Junior forward Mike Daum (24) goes for a hook shot over NDSU forward Rocky Kreuser during the second half of the game Feb. 1. The Jacks beat the Bison 82-63. They host Western Illinois for the Military Appreciation game at 2pm Saturday, Feb. 17 in Frost Arena.

ABBY FULLENKAMP Junior forward Mike Daum (24) goes for a hook shot over NDSU forward Rocky Kreuser during the second half of the game Feb. 1. The Jacks beat the Bison 82-63. They host Western Illinois for the Military Appreciation game at 2pm Saturday, Feb. 17 in Frost Arena.

Abby Fullenkamp

Abby Fullenkamp

Abby Fullenkamp

Trenton Abrego

FORT MEYERS, Fla. – Foul trouble caused issues for the South Dakota State Jackrabbits men’s basketball team in its first loss to the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles 84-78.

Mike Daum, David Jenkins Jr. and Tevin King all fouled out in the contest with the Eagles.

SDSU led for 24:51, or more than 60 percent of the game, but collapsed in the second half where the Eagles out-scored the Jackrabbits 54-41.

For the Eagles, Haanif Cheatham led the Eagles with 23 points, five rounds and three assists.

SDSU was paced by sophomore phenomenon Jenkins,  who scored 29 points on five three-pointers.

Daum contributed 18 points, while Skyler Flatten scored 13.

The Jackrabbits will be back in action during the 2018 Gulf Coast Showcase on Nov. 19 against the Tulane Green Wave in Estero, Florida.

About the Writer
Trenton Abrego, Sports Editor

Trenton Abrego is the Sports Editor at the Collegian. He sometimes covers Students' Association and reviews albums. He is the Collegian Dip-off champion...