Athlete of the week: Haley Mottinger

ABBY+FULLENKAMP%0ASophomore+Haley+Mottinger+competes+in+the+women%E2%80%99s+100+meter+hurdles+during+the+SD+Invitational+meet+April+11+at+USD.+Mottinger+placed+10th+with+a+time+of+15.54.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Athlete of the week: Haley Mottinger

ABBY FULLENKAMP
Sophomore Haley Mottinger competes in the women’s 100 meter hurdles during the SD Invitational meet April 11 at USD. Mottinger placed 10th with a time of 15.54.

ABBY FULLENKAMP Sophomore Haley Mottinger competes in the women’s 100 meter hurdles during the SD Invitational meet April 11 at USD. Mottinger placed 10th with a time of 15.54.

Andrew Holtan

Year: Sophomore
Hometown: Willmar, Minnesota
Major: Early Childhood Education

South Dakota State’s track and field team participated in the Northern State Twilight April 20 and won 15 events.

One of those victories came from Haley Mottinger, who won the 100-meter hurdle. This was the first time Mottinger had won the event and she set a new personal best with a time of 14.73 seconds. For this performance, Mottinger is The Collegian Athlete of the Week.

The Jacks will be at the Mount Marty Twilight April 25 in Yankton and the Drake Relays April 26 through 28 in Des Moines, Iowa.