Seten, Bruley to run unopposed in election

J. Michael Bertsch, News and Lifestyles Editor

Hattie Seten and Reis Bruley will be running uncontested for the Students’ Association Presidential election.

The Students’ Association Senate opened the window to nominate a new SA President ticket during each meeting throughout the month of February. The Feb. 24 meeting was the last window to nominate presidential candidates.

Seten and Bruley were nominated for the presidential ticket during the Feb. 10 meeting.

For the second time in three years, the Students’ Association presidential election will be run uncontested. In 2018, Allyson Monson and Spencer Harwood ran uncontested for the office — but still received 471 votes.

To officially assume office, Seten and Bruley must receive at least 30% of the votes.

According to the Hattie & Reis for SDSU Students’ Association Twitter, the team has developed a three-pillared comprehensive plan: communicate, collaborate and elevate.

Along with a change to the Students’ Association presidential ticket, SA will be seeing a drastic change in membership. Out of the 27 current members of the Students’ Association, 14 will not be returning to the senate.

At the Feb. 24 Students’ Association meeting, the Political Science Club announced they will sponsor any SA candidates if they wish to reserve a table in the student union for their campaign.

For those interested in becoming a SA Senator, petitions close at 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28.

During the meeting, Beth Vollan, Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships, updated the Senate on the challenges facing financial aid in South Dakota.