Sri Lankan Night to combine the Halloween Season Spirit

Sponsored Content, Sri Lankan Student Association

Fall-time in the U.S. is a season full of joyous celebrations of Halloween, and the Sri Lankan Student Association (SLSA) of SDSU is planning to epitomize the many festivals and celebrations in a night full of traditional Sri Lankan food, performances and good company.

This is the third year the Sri Lankan student community will be hosting one of the biggest events in the university calendar, and the theme this time is encompassing the spirit of “Devil Dances.” 

Devil Dances is a significant part of the Sri Lankan traditions, where performers disguise with devil masks and dance to try to respond to the common belief that certain ailments are caused by unseen hands and that they should be chased away for the patient to get cured.

The SLSA wants the night to show the attendees how diverse and rich the Sri Lankan culture can be.

Throughout the night, SLSA will have several performances trying to combine different cultures and countries too.

The event starts at 5:30 p.m., Oct. 27 in the Volstorff Ballroom. Tickets are $15 for community members, $10 for students and $5 for children.

The Sri Lankan community in SDSU is cordially inviting everyone to come join and serenade in the rich Sri Lankan culture, food and performances.

Sri Lankan Student Association, SDSU