Main Street

dhubbard

The Students’ Association and the University Program Council are located within the same offices on Main Street. This is also the location where students can find more information about or sign up for student organizations and clubs.

“Main Street offers a plethora of resources, on many different levels,” said Catherine Bigbee, UPC adviser.

SA manages events like the Campus Community Fall Festival (C2F2). Don’t forget to stop by and ask about Student Discount Cards. Students can contact the SA offices at (605) 688-5181.

Greek Life

“Greek Life is a great support for any student,” said Addie Wolcott, program adviser for Greek Life. “It’s a great way to become more involved with the community.”

Rohit Anand, a 2011 SDSU graduate, agreed.

“[Greek Life] helps you become a better leader,” Anand said.

To find out more about Greek Life, call (605) 688-6129 or stop in anytime they are open.

Card Services

Students can have their photo taken and receive their student ID’s during summer orientation, acording to Card Services manager Kendall Rohrbach.

Student ID’s allow students to purchase food as well as grant them access into various buildings on campus. Students can also load as little as $1 of Hobo Dough and/or $25 of Flex Dining meal plan funds once they receive their ID.

Student ID cards cannot be used in ATM’s or as debit cards. Excess Hobo Dough can only be removed before graduation or upon leaving SDSU. However, remaining Flex Dining money cannot be returned.

Call Card Services at (605) 688-6943 for more information.

University Bookstore

“We have a lot of [irons] in the fire,” said Derek Peterson, University Bookstore director.

By June 1, 2011, the bookstore will provide much more than school supplies and clothing. Students will be able to purchase desktops, laptops and possibly mobile computing devices. Before purchasing software for the school year, students may want to wait and ask about the lower educational prices available through the bookstore.

One of the possible changes is an events area, where students will be able to test new applications and devices, as well as participate in various training sessions to learn how to use products and supplies. One proposed idea is art classes for students not taking Drawing 111.

The bookstore will be open in the summer: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with extended hours during orientation. Regular hours are Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the school year. Call (605) 688-4163 concerning questions about the purchase of computers, software or supplies.

eSDSU

Students with computer issues may want to make eSDSU their first stop.

“We troubleshoot and repair hardware and software,” said Jeff Lang, Laptop Technician.

eSDSU is a free service for all students to use for their various computer service needs.

They install a free anti-virus program to ensure that students’ computers are able to connect to the network safely and securely. Since SDSU pays for anti-virus for every student, students should wait before buying an anti-virus program prior to the first week of classes.

Many locations on campus have wireless Internet, and if students need assistance connecting to the SDSU wireless network, eSDSU provides an instructional sheet that makes the process easier then ever on both Mac’s and PC’s.

They also help students with back-ups and re-formatting computers to their original state. Lang recommends that students purchase a hard copy of their Operating System (OS) if the only restore copy they have is on their computer’s hard drive. If students have questions, they can call (605) 688-6808.

Information Exchange

Other than the bookstore, the Information Exchange is likely to be a student’s most commonly frequented resource on Main Street.

“We provide information about campus locations, [letter] stamps, ticket information and purchases, laptop check out, bum-a-bike leasing and room reservations,” said Amy Miller, Information Exchange Student Manager.

They also provide faxes, copies and visitor parking passes. Students can also cash person checks up to $75 and business checks up to $300 for a $1 transaction fee.

Information Exchange is open Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Also, it is open some weekends during summer orientation and Hobo Day. For additional information, students can contact Information Exchange at (605) 688-6127.