Oscar Nail Spa

By Maddi Anderson Editor-in-Chief

Oscar Nail Spa, located in the Village Square Mall, has provided customers with a variety of nail services for the last couple of years.

According to Jimmy Nguyen, owner of Oscar Nail Spa, the location and quality of service attract students to the nail salon.

“The quality…the experience…we have the experience…whatever design. We can do it. Students can bring in pictures, from Pinterest or whatever,” Nguyen said.

Oscar Nail Spa offers a wide variety of services, including manicures, pedicures, gel shellac and acrylic nails and waxing. As for cost, according to Nguyen the prices are pretty comparable with other nail salons.

“We have a coupon in the campus book. It’s really helping students out. It’s a $5 off coupon,” Nguyen said.

Nguyen recommends students get their nails done every two to three weeks to keep them up. “If anything goes wrong within a week, they can come back and we’ll fix it,” Nguyen said.

Students like Julia Auch, a junior voice performance and communications double major, appreciate the environment and quality of service they receive at Oscar Nail Spa.

“They were really nice but they were also professional,” Auch said. The clean salon, nice environment and friendly staff were all reasons Auch said she would recommend the salon to others.

With spring break coming up early in March, Oscar Nail Spa starts to get busy. On an average day, the salon has six to seven employees working, but with the extra business around spring break, extra employees will be on staff, Nguyen said.

“Students can come in together,” Nguyen said. The salon caters to larger groups, and they can bring in music to play for their larger party.