Greek Man, Woman of the Month: March

SUBMITTED
SUBMITTED

Greek Man
Greek Life would like to recognize Tristin Fliehe as Greek Man of the Month. Fliehe is an agriculture business major and is the Vice Noble Ruler Finance of Alpha Gamma Rho.

Fliehe helps AGR working at their annual pancake feed to raise money for South Dakota State FFA and is one of the managers for Little International, which is one of SDSU’s longest standing traditions.

Greek Life has taught Fliehe how to be a leader and gave him the tools needed to be successful.

“Coming into college, I was introverted,” Fliehe said. “Ever since I joined Greek Life, I exploded into being a more social person. I also became more involved on campus and the community. It prevented me from sitting in my dorm and not doing anything, and I’ve been able to step into leadership roles on campus, such as being an SDSU Ag-Bio ambassador and Little ‘I’ manager. It is truly an honor to know what I am doing in the Greek and SDSU community is appreciated.”

Greek Woman
Greek Life would like to recognize Franchesca Poppinga as Greek Woman of the Month. Poppinga is a biochemistry major from De Smet and is the secretary of Alpha Omega Epsilon. She previously served as AOE’s historian and philanthropy chair.

Poppinga is involved on campus with Phi Alpha Theta and the Chemistry Club, as well as in the community through volunteering at the Children’s Museum, Brookings Backpack Project and the Harvest Table.

During her time at SDSU, Poppinga has published research in biochemistry, interned at the Sanford Pathology Clinic and been awarded various scholarships and fellowships.

“Greek Life has given me the tools I need to be a great leader, as well as numerous opportunities to utilize them,” Poppinga said. “It has given me the confidence to step up and make the most of the life that God has given me. Because of Greek Life, I not only have more connections across campus, but an incredible group of sisters who work tirelessly to support and encourage me and other women to be successful.”