Oct. 7 Students’ Association meeting in brief

Andrew Rasmussen, News Editor

On Monday, Students’ Association senators gathered for their weekly meeting. Here is what you need to know: 

Proposed changes to McCrory Gardens

SDSU Vice President for Finance and Administration Robert Kohrman and the Director of Business and Auxiliary Operations at SDSU Derek Peterson presented a proposed change to the path leading through McCrory Gardens. The project is still in the planning phase. A paved path, gravel path and a lit path are some of the options being considered.  

General Activity Fee

A discussion was started on whether or not to propose an increase to GAF for the next academic year. The three-year proposal passed by the previous senate does not bind this year’s senate to raise the fee. Senators have a quick turnaround to pass any fee increases due to the South Dakota Board of Regents meeting schedule.

Student Diversity and Inclusion Committee Recommendation

Senators unanimously passed a recommendation requiring senators to attend two diversity events during the 2019-2020 school year. One event must be a regular club meeting and the other can be a club event. If a senator fails to meet this requirement, they will receive an unexcused absence, which could be grounds for removal from office.

The Senate will meet again 7 p.m., Oct. 21 in the Lewis and Clark Room of the Student Union. The Senate will not meet next week to observe Native American Day.