Daktronics hosts career night to connect with students

Daktronics

This post is sponsored by Daktronics. 

Each spring Daktronics plans a special event to show local college students what Daktronics has to offer.

“We call it “Student Career Night,” said Leah Brink, corporate recruiter for Daktronics and student/intern program manager. “Its intention is to show local college students what it might mean for them to work at Daktronics while they pursue their degrees.”

Why Daktronics?

We are one of the largest local employers of college students and we specialize in helping students do work that relates to their majors to gain valuable experience before graduation,” Brink said.

Daktronics was founded to employ South Dakota college students within the state, and that commitment continues 50 years later. Daktronics’ student “pipeline” consists of around 200 college students working approximately 15 hours/week around their class schedules. Another approximately 40 students per year do the Daktronics internship, which requires a 40 hour/week schedule for either January – August or May – December.

“Many of our company leaders began their Daktronics career in a student position,” Brink said. “These roles allow students to learn about their interests and aptitude in a supportive corporate environment where professional skill-building is a daily occurrence.”

Student Career Night feels like a Daktronics job fair. Dozens of employees set up booths showcasing the work available within their departments and teams. Brink said they help students navigate to the most interesting booths by classifying them all broadly into three categories: business, creative, and engineering/technical.

Students can interview with the Daktronics Human Resources team during the event, and there will be refreshments, prizes and giveaways.

Don’t miss a chance to check out the Daktronics team in action! No RSVP required, simply join the fun SDSU Student Union Main Street between 4-6 p.m. on March 21, 2019. Contact [email protected] with any questions.