Ah, it’s February and the groundhog has already seen it’s shadow so we turn to the other important holiday: Valentine’s Day.
Wait a minute, did I say that it is important? Who am I kidding? Valentine’s Day has to be one of the most overrated holidays created. Girls expect beautiful flowers and yummy candy only to be disappointed by their forgetful boyfriends.
I see Valentine’s Day as a day that means florists have the chance to raise flower prices to ridiculous rates. Valentine’s Day is a day for everyone to waste their money on Hallmark cards and expensive candy. It’s also a day for the single to feel sorry for themselves but that’s a whole different article.
Well, for everyone out there that has spent their refund checks already and no longer has room for flowers as part of their budget I have devised an inexpensive present that may mean more in the long run. Make a romantic CD!
Here’s a few song suggestions:
1. Sinead O’Connor – Nothing Compares to You
2. Christopher Cross – Swept Away
3. Jefferson Starship – Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now
4. Josh Groban – To Where You Are
5. Peter Gabriel – In Your Eyes
6. The Pretenders – I’ll Stand By You
7. Alison Krauss – When You Say Nothing at All
8. John Stamos and the Beach Boys – Forever
9. Secret Garden – You Raise Me Up
10. Tracy Chapman – Save a Place for Me
11. Sally Dworsky – Turning Circles
12. Third Day – When the Rain Comes
13. John Hiatt- Have a Little Faith in Me
14. Lifehouse – When I Look Into Your Eyes
15. Bad English – When I See You Smile
16. Elvis Presley – Can’t Help Falling in Love (With You)
17. Skid Row – I Remember You
18. Scarlet – Independent Love Song
19. Jason Mraz – You and I Both
20. Powerman 5000 – Watch the Sky for Me
21. Rascal Flatts – I Melt
22. Phil Collins – A Groovy Kind of Love
23. Percy Sledge – When a Man Loves a Woman
24. Bryan Adams – I Do It For You
25. Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You
Guys, your girlfriends will be swooning because they think you are so romantic and you will be happy because really, what does a blank CD cost? Girls, it is long lasting gift and hey, it means he was on the computer for reasons other than looking at porn! It’s a win-win situation. Happy Valentine’s Day!