SDSU improvements shared at SA meeting

Jill Fier

Jill Fier

The Students’ Association heard presentations and asked questions about the status of two related projects last night.

The S.A. first got an update about the transition of food service locations while the University Student Union is under construction for a year beginning May 10.

The discussion included a description of the various food options at the alternate sites, including room 232 in NFA, the lobby of Yeager Hall and the DePuy Military Hall. Kathy Lusk, Director of Student Union and Activities also briefed the group on the progession of plans for the expansion of the Union. The project begins construction in May and will be returned to the University for use in May of 2005.

Dr. Gary Aguiar, an SDSU political science professor and member of the Council on Higher Education , a faculty union with 40 members, talked to the SA about future cooperation in certain campus-related issues. The issues included getting rid of proficiency and exit exams, upgrading classroom spaces around campus, and the centralization of state university courses.

A final reminder came from S.A. member Mike Whitford about S.A. elections this Wednesday and Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in various locations on campus.