SDSU switches dining locations due to Union construction, closing

Heather Mangan

Heather Mangan

Eating on campus may be easier and quicker than ever before.

The University Student Union construction has forced new dining places to open throughout campus, giving students a variety of food options.

The gym in DePuy Military Hall will be the host of an all-you-care-to-eat dining location. DePuy will have a full salad bar, a deli and wrap station, a Home Zone station that serves home-cooked food, a dessert station, a grab and go station and a Mexican station, which will be similar to Tortilla Fresca that was in The Market, said Jessica Morgan the marketing program manager of Dining Services. Morgan said they aren’t able to replace the Wokery because health codes prohibit food preparation in DePuy.

“The building wasn’t designed (to be used) for food service,” she said.

However, the Home Zone and Larson Commons will offer a stir-fry meal throughout the year.

DePuy also has a lounge complete with a TV and couches. Morgan said the lounge was designed “to make it a little more homey.”

Morgan said they plan on giving the dining area a military theme. She said they will make signs with military text on a camoflague background. Dining Services has also talked about calling the dining hall “PFC Jack” with PFC being short for “Perfectly Fine Chow,” she said.

Another new spot for students to get food is the Yeager Hall lobby. Students on the go will be able to purchase beverages, sandwiches, salads, fruit, desserts and microwaveable foods.

Java City will be at a new location with more room and more options. A caf