Cavorts entertains

Claudia Mcintosh

Claudia Mcintosh

This year’s Cavorts Talent Show will be feature 10 musical acts, including singers, a xylophone, guitar and piano players. MC’s from the theatre department will be on hand for the event as well.

Pat Weight, who has participated in Cavorts for the last couple of years, has put together a jazz combo that will back him up as he sings this year.

“My roommate and I saw a lounge act, and we were like, ‘we should give this a try; it would be something new.’ We’re just trying to emulate something that you might see in an airport lounge or in a motel in the 40s – just a group of people and their instruments playing jazz standard,” says Weight, a 22-year-old fifth year music education major from Circle Pines, Minn.

Justin Larson, a 23-year-old senior mechanical engineering major from Volga, is coordinating the event this year.

“Cavorts always rocks,” Larson says. “The talent on the SDSU campus is unimaginable, and this is the best of the best. The show is guaranteed to entertain.”

First place winner will receive $200, the second place award is $100 and third place is $50.

Cavorts is in Donot Auditorium Friday, Nov. 5 at 8 p.m. The cost is $3 for students and $4 for non-students. Tickets can be purchased at the Info Exchange office in the temporary Student Union.

#1.885740:2492426095.jpg:cavorts2.jpg::