Wrestling names Hahn new head coach

Damian Hahn was an assistant and associate coach for Cornell for 12 years. During his tenure, the Big Red won 11 Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association titles and had 50 All-Americans.

South Dakota State announced Monday afternoon Damion Hahn will be its next wrestling head coach.

Hahn was formerly an assistant coach and associate head coach at Cornell University for 12 years. During his tenure at Cornell, the Big Red won 11 Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association titles.

Hahn found success at Cornell, coaching in 12 NCAA Championships and 50 All-Americans.

As a wrestler, Hahn was a four-time All-American at Minnesota and won two NCAA National Championships for the Golden Gophers.

“I am truly honored to be named the next head coach of wrestling at South Dakota State University and am thrilled for the opportunity to lead a program that has such incredible support from the university and the community,” Hahn told gojacks.com.

Hahn will take over a SDSU program that had three All-Americans and seven NCAA individual qualifiers.

SDSU will be returning four of their seven qualifiers, one All-American and a National Champion in Seth Gross.